Lucie's Achievements & Awards
Lucie Kovarova-Weir was born in Boskovice, Czech Republic in 1976. Pursuing studies in animation; she graduated
with a Master's Degree from the prestigious Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design, in Prague. She moved to
Toronto in 2001 and established the Lunacy Glass Studio in 2002. Lucie currently lives and works in Tweed,
Making new work and creative progress is always at the forefront of Lucie’s passion, permitting her to
construct with greater detail and perfection. She continues to learn new techniques, improve her designs,
and provide collectors with high caliber, original art.
- George Brown College, Fundamentals of Metalsmithing. 2004
- Master of Fine Arts, Animation.
- Academy of Arts Architecture and Design, Prague, Czech Republic, 1995-2001
- Pontifícia Universidad Católica del Peru, Lima, Peru.Oct/Nov 1999
- Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design, Vancouver, BC, Canada.1998
- Arts School of Vaclav Hollar, Prague, Czech Republic. 1991-1995
AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS:
- Ontario Arts Council, Project: Individuals, carrier development, 2010
- Bullseye Glass Company, Artist residency program, Portland ,Oregon, USA, 2007 Glass Art Association of
Canada, Looking Within Reaching out : Glass conference First Place Members Exhibition, 2006
- Corning Museum of Glass; Paul Stankard Scholarship 2006
- Workshop: "Flame working with ultimate details". Taught by Loren Stump. Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts
Festival, Toronto, ON, Canada. 2005
- MacDonald Porter Drees Prize: Special award for Lamp worked Glass Beads and Jewelry.
- Glass Shoppe Studio,Ottawa, Murine Cane Construction, 2011
- Corning Museum of Glass,teaching assistant to Caitlyn Hyde, glass bead making, Corning, NY, USA, 2008
- Bead and Button Show, Off mandrel floral pendant, Milwaukee, USA, 2008
- Teaching Glass Bead Making, Lunacy Glass-studio. 2003 - Present
- Marina Cane Class, BeadFX Lampworking Studio. 2004 - Present
- Marble-making class: BeadFX Lampworking Studio.
2004 - Present
- Off-Mandrel Work class: BeadFX Lampworking Studio. 2004 - Present